Plumbing & Heating Engineers
Facilities Management Plumbing & Heating Engineers
Michael Nugent Ltd is a Northern Irish based MEP contractor with reach across GB & ROI. We build and manage Mechanical and Electrical engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Healthcare, Education, Hotel, Leisure, Life Sciences, Office, Commercial, Arts & Culture through our Major Contracts, Facilities Management and Specialised Works business units. Michael Nugent Ltd directly employees over 100 people and indirectly over 300 people across Northern Ireland, GB and ROI. Michael Nugent Ltd formed in 1963 is a 2nd Generation Family business with offices in Pomeroy, Belfast, Derry & Dublin. Michael Nugent Ltd believe strongly in our workforce, we employ the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensure that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Michael Nugent Ltd are looking to recruit experienced Plumbing & Heating Engineers to their MEP Facilities Management team for works across NI. You will be a motivated and reliable worker who brings enthusiasm and positivity to a team and you should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting to: Facilities Management Contracts Manager
Position: Plumbing & Engineer
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Objectives of this Role
- The role will include carrying out mechanical installation & maintenance works within Northern Ireland on various contracts.
- Carry out mechanical installations and refurbishments.
- Carry out routine maintenance repairs.
- Carry out reactive and proactive maintenance on building services systems.
- Provide a service that ensures all mechanical equipment is running to optimum performance
- Provide a service that ensures all key performance indicators are met
- Carry out modifications and installations when required
- Liaise with sub-contractors and external suppliers
- Take ownership of tools and equipment provided and ensure they are maintained to an appropriate standard
- Liaise with client/management
- Work in accordance with Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental instructions.
- Work safely, ensuring the safety and well-being of yourself, colleagues, customers and visitors.
- Ability to work individually and as an integral member of a team carrying out planned & response maintenance, repairs, minor works and installations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants must have a full clean driving licence.
- Applicants must either have NVQ level 3 in Plumbing and Heating or time served in Plumbing.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and Organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, with a ‘can-do’ approach to work and willingness to learn and assist.
- Organised and disciplined in your planning and approach to work.
- Work well and confidently as part of a team is a busy environment.
Interested candidates should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form. Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd April, 2022