Trainee Mechanical Estimator
Trainee Mechanical Estimator
Michael Nugent Ltd is a Northern Irish based MEP contractor with reach across GB & ROI. We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Healthcare, Education, Hotel, Leisure, Life Sciences, Office, Commercial, Arts & Culture through our Major Contracts, Facilities Management and Specialised Works business units. Michael Nugent Ltd directly employees over 100 people across Northern Ireland, GB and ROI Ireland and indirectly over 300.
Michael Nugent Ltd formed in 1963 is a 2nd Generation Family business with offices in Pomeroy, Belfast & Dublin. Michael Nugent Ltd believe strongly in our workforce, we employ the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensure that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Michael Nugent Ltd are looking to recruit a Trainee Mechanical Estimator to their Commercial team for projects based in NI & UK. The ideal candidate is someone with the view to become an Mechanical Estimator with in-house training. You will be a motivated and reliable worker who brings enthusiasm to the team and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting to: Estimating Manager
Position: Trainee Mechanical Estimator
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Objectives of this Role
• Assisting with the preparing, and pricing of tenders for commercial mechanical contracts, seeing the tender through from initial enquiry to receipt of order.
• Learn the strategies and processes of the estimating department and follow them on every project.
• Liaise and communicate with Sub-Contractors, Vendors and Suppliers to prepare tenders in a timely manner.
• Understand and analyse mechanical drawings and schematics to establish the right price.
• Take an active role in preparing commercial quantified schedules of rates/tender summary information.
• Assist with tenders through from arrival in the company to the effective handover to our contracts team when project secure.
• Build relationships with our customers to promote repeat business.
• Excellent attention to detail & communication skills.
Skills and Qualifications
• Time served commercial / industrial mechanical installation background or alternative practical site based experience.
• Be able to demonstrate a sound electrical technical knowledge
• Self motivated, with a ‘can-do’ approach to work and willingness to learn and assist.
• Organised and disciplined in your planning and approach to work.
• Strong interpersonal and Organisational skills.
• Pride in the quality and presentation of work.
• Self-motivated, with a ‘can-do’ approach to work and willingness to learn and assist.
• Work well and confidently as part of a team.
Interested candidates should apply via email our careers portal or alternatively email
email@example.com for an application form. Closing date for applications is Friday 29th February 2022 at 3pm.