Undergraduate Placement – Quantity Surveying Assistant
Undergraduate Placement – Contracts Management & Procurement Assistant
Michael Nugent Ltd is a Northern Irish based MEP contractor with reach across GB & ROI. We build and manage Mechanical and Electrical engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Healthcare, Education, Hotel, Leisure, Life Sciences, Office, Commercial, Arts & Culture through our Major Contracts, Facilities Management and Specialised Works business units. Michael Nugent Ltd directly employees over 100 people and indirectly over 300 people across Northern Ireland, GB and ROI. Michael Nugent Ltd formed in 1963 is a 2nd Generation Family business with offices in Pomeroy, Belfast, Derry & Dublin. Michael Nugent Ltd believe strongly in our workforce, we employ the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensure that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Working alongside our Quantity Surveying team you will be involved in Facilities Management (FM), Measured Term Contracts (MTC) and Specialist Works (SW) projects within a variety of sectors. You will be fully supported – working with a dedicated mentor throughout the duration of the projects, who will share their extensive knowledge and experience, introducing you to the world of Quantity Surveying within Engineering and allowing you to collaborate with the specialists who work together to make our projects a success.
This Role is suitable for an undergraduate or foundation student within the relevant area.
The placement is ideally 6 or 12 months for the right candidate with an opportunity to progress onto the graduate scheme following your graduation.
Reporting to: Contracts Manager
Position: Quantity Surveying Assistant
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Objectives of this Role
• Assist the Contracts Manager with the preparation of quotations and accounts / claims
• Quantification, procurement and tendering of works packages
• Raising sub-contractors orders on accounts IT system
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills
• Highly organised with excellent time management in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to work on initiative with minimum supervision
• Co-ordination and liason with Helpdesk and Accounts departments.
Why Michael Nugent Ltd?
We are a great bunch of people and it is a fun place to work!
• We offer fantastic training both in house and out sourced.
• We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities.
• We are keen to have a workforce to reflect the full diversity of the communities we serve and welcome applications from individuals of any gender or background.
• Fun things throughout the year.
Interested candidates should apply via our careers portal or alternatively send your CV to
email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Wednesday 20th April 2022 at 5pm.